Do you ever wonder what blackjack is all about? If you’ve read books on blackjack or see movies themed on it, you’ll know how amazing the game is. To win at blackjack, all you need to know, besides the rules, is blackjack basic strategy and you will be ready to show off your skills at a casino or at an online casino. The basic strategy in the game of blackjack involves the most favorable strategy for each hand a player is dealt with. The blackjack strategy helps since there are a limited number of potential hands against a limited number of probable up cards of the dealer.
The basic aim of the game is to receive a total of 21 or close to it without exceeding the value of 21, and at the same time have a higher value hand than the dealer’s hand. You need to know the fundamental rules of the game of blackjack before you can start playing it. Although most online casinos provide you with the best guides to winning blackjack it is always essential that you do some research by yourself. And this is why you are here reading this article… to gain the extra knowledge.
How to play
After placing your bets on a blackjack table, the dealer/casino gives you 2 cards, one face up and one face down. The dealer then also gets 2 cards. If you think you need to increase the value of your hand you choose to ‘hit’ else you ‘stand’. The total of your hand is compared against the dealers’ and winnings are paid off accordingly. An option in playing a blackjack game is to ‘split’ a pair of cards or to claim ‘insurance’ if you think you are about to lose a game. I wouldn’t do either of them.
• The goal is to beat the dealer’s hand without exceeding the value of 21.
• The face cards have a value of 10 points, cards 2-10 hold their face value and an Ace is worth 1 or 11 whichever gives you a better hand.
• When you are dealt with two cards after placing your bets, it is important that you choose wisely to hit or stand. The dealer stands on a soft 17.
• If the total of your cards exceed 21 then you are bust and lose the game.
• Doubling is to double on your bets and you receive one more card.
• Splitting cards allow you to split a pair of cards and bet on them separately.
• Surrendering a game is to forfeit half your bet while ending the game instantly.
An important part of blackjack involves hitting or standing. It is vital that you make a good choice of either wanting more cards or staying at your current value of hands. It is important to know what to do on hard hands, soft hands and when to split.
Hit on a total of 8; double your bets on 3,4,5 or 6; double your bet if the dealer has a 2-10 up card; stand if the dealer’s card is 4,5 or 6 else hit; stand if the dealers’ up card is 2-6 else hit; stand on a total of 17-21.
Double your bets if the dealer’s hand shows 5 or 6, else hit; stand if the dealer’s hand has 2,7 or 8; hit if the dealer has 9,10 or ace; stand on a soft 19-21.